You can’t unfollow or blacklist someone on Spotify. Make your Spotify profile as secret as possible if you wonder How to Remove a Follower on Spotify. As a result, unwelcome followers will not appear on your profile. We’ll show you how to use the Windows and Mac browsers to make your profile private and remove Spotify followers.
How to Remove a Follower on Spotify
There are numerous strategies for Bulk Follower Deletion Method. We’ll go through four basic How to Remove a Follower on Spotify techniques, as well as how to keep your account partially private. I hope it will be useful to you.
You may get rid of unwanted followers without using How to Remove a Follower on Spotify or Bulk Follower Deletion Method if you limit your shared data.
- Open Spotify on your computer and Sign in.
- Select your name or profile image from the drop-down menu. It’s on your screen’s upper right corner.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. This menu choice can be found near the bottom of the menu.
- Toggle off “Make my new playlists public” by clicking the button next to it. You can skip this step if it is already turned off.
- You’ll have to repeat the process every time you open the app and want to make a new playlist.
- To listen anonymously, click the option next to “Start a private session.” The button next to “Share my listening activity on Spotify” will be grayed out when this toggle is turned on.
- Unlike the other one, this one will also be found in your phone’s Settings. You will go to Settings (gear icon) > Private Session.
- The duration of a “session” is determined by how long you keep the program open. You’ll have to do that every time you open the program on your computer or phone if you turn it off.
2- Making Playlists Private
Making playlists private is a nice hiding method that replaces How to Remove a Follower on Spotify and Bulk Follower Deletion Method.
- On your computer, launch Spotify. You won’t have the same menu options on your phone if you’re using a web browser or a computer client.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
- Go to a playlist that you’d like to keep secret. The list on the left side of the window allows you to browse your playlists.
- Select the three dots adjacent to your playlist’s play button.
- Select Make Hidden from the drop-down menu. Follow the steps above to make each playlist you own private.
Making Phone Playlists Private
- If you’re using your phone, browse to a playlist you want to make private and tap the three-dot menu symbol in the top right corner,
- Then tap on Make Special, which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the menu. Then tap Make private again when prompted.
- You cannot make a playlist private that you did not create. If you created the playlist, you’ll see your name listed below the title and cover art.
3- Change Your Spotify Display Name
How to Remove a Follower on Spotify question has a answer which is changin your display name. Open Spotify on your phone or tablet. The web browser and computer client do not offer the same menu options, so you must use the mobile app to do this.
While Spotify doesn’t allow you to change your username, you will be able to change your display name that people see when they look at your profile.
If you don’t want people to know about your Spotify account, change your display name to a generic one like Jack David or Joe William.
- Click on the gear icon (settings) located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap View Profile. It’s at the top of the menu with your current display name and profile picture.
- Tap Edit profile. You will see this button below your current display name in the middle of your screen.
- Tap your display name to change it.
- Use the floating keyboard from the bottom of your phone or tablet to enter a new display name.
- If you want to change your profile picture as well, you can do so by tapping ‘Change photo’ here.
- Tap Save when you’re done.
4- Hide Recent Plays
Open the Spotify app. You can use the mobile or computer application to hide your most recently played songs and artists.
- Go to settings. Click your name, then click Settings if you are using the PC client; If you’re using the mobile app on a phone or tablet, tap the gear icon.
- Tap the button next to “Recently played artists” to turn it off (Mobile app) or click the button next to “Share my listening activity on Spotify” to turn it off.
- The kill switch turns gray to indicate it’s not turned on, and your listing activity and recently played won’t be published to your profile or your friends.
This concludes our How to Remove a Follower on Spotify and Bulk Follower Deletion Method post. I hope you found this post helpful. In the comments box, you can share your ideas.